Monday 27 June 2011

Default Trading Gold

This thread is for those who trade gold/silver based on technical analysis and rational fundamentals. Everyone is welcome, but please keep your posts on topic.

If you believe in conspiracies, cabals, the imminent collapse of the US economy, etc. that is fine. There are plenty of threads available. Likewise, if you are a buy and hold investor, gold bug, perma-bear, or troll - there are plenty of threads for you too.

I would like to start with a discussion of our approaches to trading this market. I'll start.

I am by no means a big league trader. My goal is extract between $500-$1000 per week from this market. It is not how I make my living, rather, it is a hobby that helps to pay for other indulgences. My long term investments are in realestate and several businesses that I own.

My basic strategy is to buy at resistance and sell at support. I typically trade around a core position if I feel there is an intermediate term trend. Otherwise, I close positions often.

Right now I only trade futures. Specifically, Full Size Gold/Silver for core positions and minis for day/swing trading.

It is my hope that there are other "traders" on this forum who will join this thread for the purposes of sharing their thoughts, strategies, indicators etc.

My only motivation is to improve my skills. If you share this motivation I look forward to your posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment